Competitive Salary + Biannual Bonuses!
Deswik are world leaders in a competitive market for technical mining applications – our software is used all day, every day, by the world’s leading mining companies. We solve complex technical mine planning problems in ways that deliver huge value to our customers.
As a result of ongoing growth in our business, we are creating a new Continuous Engineering team to provide ongoing care and maintenance for our Deswik.Suite mine planning products. This team will provide third level technical support to Deswik’s global customer base, including:
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing customer-reported issues with our software
- Communicating the nature of fixes or workarounds to customers
- Implementing automated tests to ensure the integrity of implemented fixes
- Identify common sources of defects
We are looking for an experienced Software Team Lead to join us and build this team from the ground up. This is truly a role you can make your own.
- Lead a team of up to 10 software developers
- Perform analysis of incoming issues to identify patterns and clusters
- Identify common sources of defects and propose remedial actions to address systemic issues
- Ensure software deliverables from the team are of high quality
- Develop innovative approaches and ideas
- Apply and improve existing processes for management of the team’s work
- Assist with recruiting new Continuous Engineering team members
- Manage probation period for new team members
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary + biannual bonuses
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Build and develop a team from the ground up – make it your own
- Be challenged in a dynamic role that will see you constantly learning and developing your skills
- We have a great team culture – you will be part of the family from day one
- You will be trusted to do your job and have support when you need it
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate is a skilled software developer with…
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar Continuous Engineering position
- Strong practical commercial experience in a Microsoft .NET development environment working on WinForms applications
- Experience using the Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- A restless desire to find the root cause of issues and solve problems for the customer
- Strong people management skills and the ability to direct and motivate a team
- Our work environment is relaxed, social and fun
- We are passionate, support each other, challenge the status quo and adapt quickly
- We believe work should be fun, challenging and rewarding
- We invest a lot in making Deswik a great place to work
- We look after our people – we know that a happy and healthy team leads to a more productive work environment
If you are an experienced Software Team Lead looking to kick off the New Year with an exciting new role, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
71 Eagle St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000