We are searching for an experienced mining professional looking to take the next step in their career, into an Account Manager role in Perth. In this role, you will couple your extensive mining technical experience with your great interpersonal skills to strengthen Deswik’s relationship with our customers.
Given Deswik’s global reach, you may be required to travel.
This role will see you
- Are part of a team that takes responsibility for customer relationship management for our accounts in WA and SE Asia.
- Finding new ways to apply Deswik technology to solve challenging mining problems
- Managing the overall delivery of mine planning solutions to Key Account customers – assisting with critical requests and issue escalation, coordinating internal resources and communicating progress
- Exceeding the customer’s expectations, delivering increased value from existing investments and building a partnership, while maintaining a win-win attitude to the relationship.
- Developing new business, drafting proposals and negotiating contracts
- Finalising and closing out sales opportunities, then handing over to the Implementation and training teams
- Engaging with stakeholders ranging from frontline site teams to general managers and corporate executives
What Deswik can offer you
- Work/life balance and flexibility options to help you balance this role with your life outside of work!
- There will be no ‘playbook’ for your role – just a great company culture and high-capability delivery team to back you up
- Our business is successful and growing – make your mark on our success story
- Build and display your capability with both people and technology
- Build on your stellar reputation in one corner of the mining industry by branching out across different mining methods, geographies and business functions
Who are you?
- You are degree-qualified in a related technical field. (Engineering, Geology, Survey, etc)
- You’ve worked in underground or surface metalliferous operations and consider yourself a generalist with some specialist skills that set you apart
- You have an understanding of mining operations
- You know how to assemble people, technology and process to create mine planning systems
- You have a restless desire for things to be done better
- In your work, you use both EQ and IQ to solve problems and are known for doing what you say you will do
- You are great with technology and will become literate in the value of the Deswik tools. If you are already a user that is a bonus!
- You understand the value that planning systems bring to a mining business
- We’re run by technical people who ‘get it’ – that means no red tape and no micromanagement
- We have an awesome, supportive culture – we challenge the status quo, trust each other, adapt quickly and work hard / play hard!
- We don’t just talk the talk- we invest a lot in making Deswik a great place to work
- We look after our people – we know that a happy and healthy team leads to a more productive work environment
If you are an experienced mining professional looking for your next step and this role excites you, apply now!
35 Havelock Street
West Perth, Western Australia 6005