Competitive salary + biannual bonuses
Deswik are world leaders in a competitive market for technical mining applications – our software is used all day, every day, by 9 of the world’s top 10 mining companies. We solve complex technical mine planning problems in ways that deliver huge value to our customers.
As a result of ongoing growth in our business, a newly created opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior or Principal Mining Engineer or Geologist with strong business development skills to join our London office as our EMEA & CIS Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager will hold overall responsibility for business development, customer service management and relationship management for all Deswik customers across the EMEA and CIS region.
This role will be based in our European office in West London, UK. Given Deswik’s global reach, you may be required to travel up to 50% of the year.
- Build and maintain strong and long-lasting customer relationships with named accounts
- Develop and manage sales opportunities and the sales pipeline – working with customers to identify requirements and architect solutions
- Grow the Deswik brand through consulting and software opportunities
- Develop new business, draft proposals and negotiate contracts
- Support the planning and delivery of high-quality software implementations and consulting
- Manage critical requests and issue escalation
- Project management of projects for existing clients as required from time to time
What’s in it for you?
- We believe in work/life balance and flexibility
- Be challenged in a role where you will be constantly learning and developing your skills
- We have a great team culture – you will be part of the family from day one
- We hire smart people and we treat them like adults – you will be trusted to do your job and have support when you need it
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years’ experience as a Mining Engineer or Geologist
- Experience and expertise to the level of an independent consultant
- A flair for business development and relationship managment
- Strong knowledge of the Deswik.Suite and how to use it in practice
- An established network of contacts (preferably in client organisations)
- Fanatical customer service focus
- Fluent in the English language – speaking, reading and writing
- Skills in another language highly regarded
- Our work environment is relaxed, social and fun
- We are passionate, support each other, challenge the status quo and adapt quickly
- We believe work should be fun, challenging and rewarding
- We invest a lot in making Deswik a great place to work
- We look after our people – we know that a happy and healthy team leads to a more productive work environment
1 Woodside Road
Amersham HP6 6AA