As a result of our growth, an opportunity has become available in our Johannesburg office for an Enterprise Software Consultant. This role will see you contribute to Deswik’s customer support function and be involved in largescale software implementations for our enterprise mining customers across Africa.
We are looking for an engineer with exposure to the mining industry, as well as CAD and scheduling software systems, to take on this exciting role and make it their own.
A day in this role will see you…
- Work with our enterprise software products across multiple customers, mine types, commodities and operations, specifically supporting our enterprise applications (Deswik.OPS and Deswik.MDM)
- Manage communication between our Consulting and Software Development teams, while also working with our leadership team and customers
- Investigate and reproduce software issues and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to resolve
- Visit customer sites for scoping and configuration of new implementations
- Support the establishment of systems and processes, working with our Customer Support team based in our Australian Head Office
- Provide thoughtful responses to customer questions about our enterprise products
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration – competitive salary + twice-yearly bonuses + opportunities to obtain equity
- Work/life balance and flexibility – we believe in striking a healthy balance between work, fun and family
- Relaxed, welcoming work environment – we have a social culture and team-centric approach
- Supportive leadership – we’re run by engineers who ‘get it’ and are dedicated to fostering a positive work environment for our teams
- Knowledge sharing – work with like-minded technical experts from a range of disciplines and walks of life
- Trust and support – you will be trusted to do your job and have support when you need it
What do you need to succeed?
- Tertiary qualification in engineering
- Experience with CAD and Scheduling software
- Experience in process improvement and data management
- Experience with mining software and mining engineering (highly regarded but not essential)
- Demonstrated ability to write scripts and manage databases
- Demonstrated ability to calmly manage major incidents and know when to escalate
- A flair for consulting and managing customer relationships
- A passion for engineering and a desire to learn our mining software
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
Preserving our authentic company culture and world-class work environment throughout our growth has been a key priority for our leaders. We are proud to be an employer of choice, offering our team a fun and relaxed workplace free from bureaucratic red tape. We are passionate about recruiting smart people, keeping them challenged and giving them the autonomy, they need to flourish.
- Our work environment is relaxed, social and fun
- We believe work should be fun, challenging and rewarding
- We are passionate, support each other, challenge the status quo and adapt quickly
- We invest a lot in making Deswik a great place to work
- We look after our people – we know that a happy, healthy team leads to a more productive work environment
If you are looking for a highly technical software consulting role in an awesome team environment, we would love to hear from you. Apply today!
Please note: at this time, we are only considering applications from applicants with full working rights in the Republic of South Africa.