Competitive Salary + Bonuses + Benefits
Deswik are world leaders in a competitive market for technical mining applications – our software is used all day, every day, by 9 of the world’s top 10 mining companies. We solve complex technical mine planning problems in ways that deliver huge value to our customers.
We are searching for an experienced Senior or Principal Mining Engineer looking to take the next step in their career, into a Technical Key Account Manager role. In this role, you will couple your extensive mine planning experience with your great interpersonal skills to strengthen Deswik’s relationship with your Key Account – a major global mining house.
Given Deswik’s global reach, you may be required to travel up to 50% of the year.
- Finding new ways to apply Deswik technology to solve challenging mining problems
- Managing the overall delivery of mine planning solutions to the Key Account customer – assisting with critical requests and issue escalation, coordinating internal resources and communicating progress
- Exceeding the customer’s expectations, delivering increased value from existing investments and building a partnership
- Developing new business, drafting proposals and negotiating contracts
- Finalising and closing out sales opportunities, then handing over to the Implementation team
- Engaging with stakeholders ranging from frontline site teams to general managers and corporate executives
What’s in it for you?
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- There will be no ‘playbook’ for your role – just a great company culture and high-capability delivery team to back you up
- Our business is successful and growing – make your mark on our success story
- An opportunity to build and display your capability with both people and technology
- Build on your stellar reputation in one corner of the mining industry by branching out across different mining methods, geographies and business functions.
- Downtown Denver (CO) location – enjoy the flexibility and autonomy that allows you to balance this role with your life outside of work.
Who are you?
- You are degree-qualified in Mining Engineering or Geology
- You’ve worked in underground and surface metalliferous operations and consider yourself a generalist with some specialist skills that set you apart
- You have a solid site operations grounding and know what it takes to get things done on site
- You have a deep understanding of mining engineering and operations
- You know how to assemble people, technology and process to create mine planning systems
- You have a restless desire for things to be done better
- In your work, you use both EQ and IQ to solve problems and are known for doing what you say you will do
- You are great with technology and will become literate in the use of Deswik tools. If you are already fluent that is a bonus!
- We’re run by technical people who ‘get it’ – that means no red tape and no micromanagement
- We have an awesome, supportive culture – we challenge the status quo, trust each other, adapt quickly and work hard / play hard!
- We invest a lot in making Deswik a great place to work
- We look after our people – we know that a happy and healthy team leads to a more productive work environment
If you are an experienced mining engineer looking for your next step, apply now!
Suite 400 Highlands Ranch