Calgary, Sudbury, Vancouver
This role will suit you if you want to learn from outstanding mentors and have the opportunity for career development.
Initially working in our Technical Support team, this role will see you:
- Work with our highly specialised mining software products daily across multiple customers, sites, mine types and operations.
- Prioritise and deal with all incoming technical customer queries via phone, email, and client portal.
- Investigate and manage the resolution of software issues and liaise directly with software team.
- Answer technical customer questions and assign queries to consulting team where necessary.
- Deal with licensing issues and questions and work directly with the licensing team.
- Assist in support for other regions across the globe when needed.
- Become involved in consulting projects from time to time, with a view to grow into a Mining Consultant role.
What you need to succeed:
- Degree in Mining Engineering
- Experience with Deswik software
- 2-5 years’ experience in a Graduate or Junior Mining Engineer position
- An eagerness to learn and develop your career
- A customer service guru who will be a true ambassador for the business
- Ability to calmly manage major incidents/issues and know when to escalate.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Able to manage your own time and workload and operate well as part of a team.
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible, hybrid schedule – 2 days WFH and 3 days in-office
- Extended Health Benefits, dental, Vision and a Health Spending account
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Tuition assistance
- The opportunity to become an expert Deswik user at a pivotal point in your career.
- Mentoring from our global team of well over 100 mining consultants
- You will be trusted to do your job and have support when you need it. We hire smart people and treat them like adults.
Deswik is a global team of 400+ experienced mining professionals, software developers and mathematicians working together order to provide industry leading technology for our customers across the mine planning value chain. Our head office in Brisbane is our software development hub, hosting 150+ developers working every day to keep our solutions at the forefront of the global market.
About our Software:
- We produce some of the leading products in our market, and we have a large and engaged end-user community.
- 20,000 software licenses sold
- 9,000 unique users
- Used by 500+ companies in over 900 mining operations across the globe.
Please note we are only considering applications from Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Calgary, Alberta, T2P 2Y3
957 Cambrian Heights Drive
Sudbury, ON P3C 5S5
Vancouver, BC V6C 3P6