Competitive salary + biannual bonuses
Deswik are world leaders in a competitive market for technical mining applications – our software is used every day in over 500 operations globally. Our products are much more interesting than your average business system – they are technically intensive and incorporate sophisticated scheduling, optimisation, and graphics technologies.
As a result of ongoing growth in our business, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mining Engineer to join our Global Support team in Brisbane CBD or Perth CBD.
- Work with our highly specialised mine planning software products across multiple customers, mine types, commodities and operations
- Prioritise, reproduce and manage all incoming technical customer queries via phone, email and our client portal
- Investigate and manage the resolution of mine planning software issues
- Use your mining expertise to answer complex technical mine planning questions from customers
- Work closely with Software Development Teams, Mining Consultants, Software Licensing, and Sales
What’s in it for you?
- City lifestyle – limited travel obligations and stability for you and your family
- Work/life balance and flexibility – we believe in striking a healthy balance between work and fun
- Become an expert Deswik user – this role will immerse you in the Deswik.Suite and see you involved in solving complex mine planning software problems
- Diversify your skillset – gain wide exposure to multiple operations, mining methods and commodities – both in Australia and abroad
- Awesome team culture – you will be part of the family from day one
- Trust and support – we hire smart people and we treat them like adults – you will be trusted to do your job and have support when you need it
- Competitive remuneration – competitive base salary + biannual bonuses + opportunity to obtain equity in the company
What you need to succeed:
- Degree in Mining Engineering
- 3-5 years’ experience working as a mining engineer
- Experience with mine planning software (Deswik experience a distinct advantage)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize work and possess a strong sense of urgency
- Empathetic and proactive approach to customer service
- A passion for delivering mining efficiency through technology
- Our work environment is relaxed, social and fun
- We are passionate, support each other, challenge the status quo and adapt quickly
- We believe work should be fun, challenging and rewarding
- We invest a lot in making Deswik a great place to work
- We look after our people – we know that a happy and healthy team leads to a more productive work environment
If you are an experienced Mining Engineer craving the stability of a city lifestyle and wanting a new challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
Please only apply if you are a permanent resident or have the right to work in Australia.
71 Eagle St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000
35 Havelock Street
West Perth, Western Australia 6005