Administration and Finance
Every person in our ever-expanding company is celebrated for the unique value they bring to our team. We don’t work crazy hours and we pride ourselves on our supportive, goal-driven work environment and flat management structure.
We know our people are what make us great, so we’re always excited to hire awesome people to join our team – that’s where you come in!
We are searching for a bright, energetic and self-starting Office Administrator to join our Head Office Administration Team on a permanent full-time basis.
As our Office Administrator, you will:
- Manage our front office, including reception, liaising with couriers and suppliers, and carrying out administration support
- Manage the day-to-day running of the office, including catering, stationery and bar/kitchen ordering, facilities management and maintaining office standards
- Oversee and manage travel arrangements for staff and liaise with travel suppliers
- Coordinate internal and external company events, including staff parties, charity initiatives, board meetings and conferences
- Liaise with our international offices and gain exposure to our global operations
- Support our software licensing function (don’t worry – we’ll show you the ropes once you start!)
As a major global player in the competitive market for mining engineering technology, we offer our team:
- Highly competitive salaries+ twice-yearly bonuses + equity options
- Stable 9-5 working hours and work/life balance
- A relaxed, fun team culture where we don’t take ourselves too seriously
- A workplace where we look after our people – we know that a happy and healthy team leads to a more productive work environment
- A social work environment with lots to get involved in – from charity initiatives to our weekly ‘runners club’, office pool competition, cycling events and much more!
- Trust and autonomy in their roles – we hire smart people and we treat them like adults!
What we’re looking for:
- Highly organised
- Friendly and approachable
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask
- Great time-management
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Administration experience (5+ years preferred; however, excellent candidates with less experience will be considered)
- Experience arranging and organising travel for staff
- Experience performing office management duties
- Experience managing and coordinating external and internal events
- Experience in facilities management (including liaising with building management)
- Software licensing experience
- CRM and/or admin type systems
- Excel and Word
If you are an energetic people person with strong administration experience and are keen to learn and expand your skills in a global company, we would love to hear from you. Apply today!
**PLEASE NOTE: If you would like your application to be considered, please include a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, applications without a cover letter will not be considered.**
Please note: at this time, we are only considering applications from Australian citizens or permanent residents.
We are not working with any external recruitment partners to fill this role. If a recruitment agency has advised you they presented you to Deswik for consideration, please be aware we have not accepted your application and you are not currently being considered for a role with Deswik. Please feel free to call us on (07) 3292 2711 for a confidential discussion if you are unsure whether your application is currently being considered.
348 Edward St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000