As a result of ongoing growth in our business, an opportunity has arisen in our Deswik.OPS product team for a motivated and passionate Senior Front-End Developer.
Deswik.OPS is a tool used by mines all over the world to improve operational efficiency. It allows mines to plan the what, where, when, how and why of their operations, with many mining customers claiming they are unable to operate without this critical tool. With a rapidly growing number of mines using Deswik.OPS to plan and run their operations, it is a very exciting time to join our team.
The Senior Front-End Developer will:
- Write high-quality code with automated unit, UI and integration tests
- Use Scrum to deliver high impact new features to our global customers
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional and fun Brisbane-based team
- Drive best practice in our code, specifically in our front-end technologies
- Solve a variety of challenging problems every day
- Provide feedback in peer code reviews and analyse where we can improve our processes and tools
- Highly competitive salaries + twice-yearly bonuses + equity opportunities
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle
- We have family values and prioritise the work/life balance of our team
- We have a fun, inclusive culture that celebrates individuality
- Our leaders are dedicated to fostering a relaxed yet highly engaging work environment
- Our teams work with highly technical subject matter, using the latest tools and technologies
- We’re run by technical people who ‘get it’ when it comes to software product development
- No red tape, minimal bureaucracy and lots of room for innovation
- State of the art Brisbane CBD office with brand new end of trip facilities, fully stocked kitchen and bar, a games area and awesome social spaces
- We never stop striving to make Deswik an awesome place to work!
- 5+ years’ experience as a full-stack website developer
- Strong interest in front end development and driving best practice in this space
- Experience with some or all of the following technologies:
- NET MVC
- Razor templating
- Compiled CSS languages
- Modern build tools (Webpack, Gulp)
- Websockets (SignalR)
- Internationalization frameworks (i18next)
- Foundation UI framework
Preserving our authentic company culture and world-class work environment throughout our growth has been a key priority for our leaders. We are proud to be an employer of choice, offering our team a fun and relaxed workplace free from bureaucratic red tape. We are passionate about recruiting smart people, keeping them challenged and treating them like adults.
- Our work environment is relaxed, social and fun
- We are passionate, support each other, challenge the status quo and adapt quickly
- We believe work should be fun, challenging and rewarding
- We invest a lot in making Deswik a great place to work
- We look after our people – we know that a happy, healthy team leads to a more productive work environment
We care deeply about hiring awesome people who connect with our team-focused culture and share our passion for building sophisticated software solutions. If that sounds like you, and you meet most of our ‘What we’re looking for’ criteria, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note: at this time, we are only considering applications from Australian citizens or permanent residents.
Deswik values relationships. We have recruitment partnerships in place with Troocoo, Hudson and Edison Talent. If you are interested in one of our opportunities, we would love to hear from you directly or via one of these partners. If another agency has advised you they presented you to Deswik for consideration, please be aware we have not accepted your application and you are not currently being considered for a role with Deswik. Please feel free to call us on (07) 3292 2711 for a confidential discussion if you are unsure whether your application is currently being considered.
348 Edward St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000