The ever-growing demand for our products and endless opportunity for innovation in the mining industry means we are always looking for awesome people to grow our team.
As a result of ongoing growth in our business, we are searching for a permanent full-time Senior Software Engineer with excellent experience in Service-Oriented Architecture to join our Deswik.MDM product team.
- Design and extend services, developing UIs, APIs and event-driven services
- Provide input to architectural processes
- Develop a cutting-edge codebase with a team passionate about domain-driven design
- Contribute to a comprehensive testing framework of unit, integration and UI tests
- Mentor junior developers
- Deliver iteratively using agile methodologies
- Work in a cross-functional team of software professionals
- Apply the latest and greatest technologies to solve complex problems
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary + twice-yearly bonuses + equity options
- We have family values and prioritise the work/life balance of our team
- We have a fun, inclusive culture that celebrates individuality
- Our leaders are dedicated to fostering a relaxed yet highly engaging work environment
- Our teams work with highly technical subject matter, using the latest tools and technologies
- We’re run by technical people who ‘get it’ when it comes to software product development
- No red tape, minimal bureaucracy and lots of room for innovation
- State of the art Brisbane CBD office with brand new end of trip facilities, fully stocked kitchen and bar, a games area and awesome social spaces
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program (counseling), paid parental leave, reward and recognition program and company-sponsored ‘giving back’ charity initiatives
- We never stop striving to make Deswik an awesome place to work!
- Our work environment is relaxed, social and fun
- We are passionate, support each other, challenge the status quo and adapt quickly
- We believe work should be fun, challenging and rewarding
- We invest a lot in making Deswik a great place to work
- We look after our people – we know that a happy and healthy team leads to a more productive work environment
What we’re looking for
- Experience with:
- Developing REST-like APIs using ASP.NET Core
- Enterprise systems built using service-oriented architectures
- Database technologies such as MSSQL Server and T-SQL
- High availability database-centric applications
- Commitment to high product quality
- Strong skills in automated testing techniques and frameworks
- Attention to detail
- Understanding the role of the user in design-driven development
- Knowledge or experience with the following would be advantageous, but is not essential:
- CAD, 3D graphics and Rendering
- Message broker software such as RabbitMQ or Azure Service Bus
- Spatial databases
- ORM technologies such as Entity Framework or Dapper
- Mining industry or mining software
If this role sounds like a great fit and you're keen to join an awesome team, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
Please note: at this time, we are only considering applications from Australian citizens or permanent residents.
Deswik values relationships. We have recruitment partnerships in place with Troocoo, Edison Talent and Hudson. If you are interested in one of our opportunities, we would love to hear from you directly or via one of these partners. If another agency has advised you they presented you to Deswik for consideration, please be aware we have not accepted your application and you are not currently being considered for a role with Deswik. Please feel free to call us on (07) 3292 2711 for a confidential discussion if you are unsure whether your application is currently being considered.
348 Edward St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000