Consulting - North America
Work for a technical company run by technical people = short conversations + managers who get it!
Deswik are world leaders in a competitive market for technical mining applications – our software is used all day, every day, by 9 of the world’s top 10 mining companies. We solve complex technical problems in ways that deliver huge value to our customers. Our solutions are much more interesting that your average business system – they incorporate sophisticated scheduling, optimisation, and graphics technologies and are algorithmically intensive. We have the ambition to be the best at what we do; and we know that to do this we must try new things and continuously improve the way we work.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Mining Engineer with at least 8 years’ experience. Our ideal candidate has both open pit and underground experience; however we will consider an exceptional engineer with only underground. This role will be based out of Sudbury, ON.
As a Senior Mining Consultant with Deswik, you will provide extensive consulting services including mine design, production planning and scheduling, cost modelling for a range of feasibility studies, operational optimization projects, mine closure planning and mine planning system implementations. This role will also see you delivering advanced software training to clients, assisting with technical support and coordinating technical sales. Given Deswik’s global reach, the successful candidate will be required to travel up to 50% of the year, typically within North America.
What’s in it for you?
- A fantastic, relaxed social environment
- Awesome, supportive culture – work will be fun, challenging and rewarding
- Work with like-minded professionals and join a team of engineers from varying disciplines in our global team
- Deliver engineering efficiency to the mining industry through customized software, consulting and training solutions
- Access to the latest technologies
- Competitive remuneration package and attractive bonus scheme
What do you need to succeed?
- At least 8 years’ experience as a mining consultant in open pit or underground
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, majoring in Mining
- Operational experience in mining engineering site-based roles
- Excellent mine planning software skills (Deswik software an advantage)
- A flair for consulting and managing customer relationships
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- A passion for innovation and a desire to grow and learn
- P.Eng or PE designation
- QP certification for public reserve sign-off an advantage
Please note that you must be a permanent resident or have the right to work in Canada.
40 Larch Street
Sudbury, ON P3E 5M7