Brisbane, Hunter Valley
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Mining Engineer with 7+ years’ experience to join our Consulting Team as a Senior Mining Consultant in Brisbane (QLD) or Hunter Valley (NSW). Our ideal candidate will have strong open-cut coal experience. Dragline and truck-shovel experience, as well as exposure to open-pit metals, is highly desirable but not essential.
Working with our high-performing Consulting Team, this role will see you:
- Work with Deswik’s highly specialised mine planning software products across multiple customers, commodities, mine types and operations
- Provide extensive consulting services including mine design, production planning and scheduling, cost modelling for feasibility studies, operational optimisation projects and mine closure planning
- Deliver advanced engineering efficiency to the mining industry through customized software, consulting and training solutions
- Work alongside highly experienced engineers, geologists and software professionals
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration – competitive salary + biannual bonuses + opportunities to obtain equity
- Permanent full-time, Brisbane or Hunter based employment – enjoy the security of a permanent job, the fulfilment of interesting technical work and all the benefits of living in the city
- Career progression – abundant mentorship opportunities, as well as pathways to challenge yourself and develop your skillset
- Become an expert Deswik user – this role will immerse you in the Deswik.Suite
- Supportive leadership – we’re run by engineers who ‘get it’ and are dedicated to fostering a positive work environment for our teams
- Work/life balance and flexibility – we believe in striking a healthy balance between work and fun
- Awesome team culture – you will be part of the family from day one
- Trust and support – you will be trusted to do your job and have support when you need it
What you need to succeed:
- Degree in Mining Engineering
- 7+ years’ experience as a mining engineer working in open-cut coal
- Dragline and truck-shovel experience
- Operational experience in site-based roles
- Some experience in open-pit metals (an advantage)
- Excellent mine planning software skills (Deswik software a distinct advantage)
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- A passion for innovation and a desire to grow and learn
- A flair for consulting and managing customer relationships (an advantage)
Preserving our authentic company culture and world-class work environment throughout our growth has been a key priority for our leaders. We are proud to be an employer of choice, offering our team a fun and relaxed workplace free from bureaucratic red tape. We are passionate about recruiting smart people, keeping them challenged and giving them the autonomy they need to flourish.
- Our work environment is relaxed, social and fun
- We believe work should be fun, challenging and rewarding
- We are passionate, support each other, challenge the status quo and adapt quickly
- We invest a lot in making Deswik a great place to work
- We look after our people – we know that a happy, healthy team leads to a more productive work environment
The successful candidate can expect to spend most of their time in Brisbane or the Hunter Valley. Given Deswik's global reach, the successful candidate may be required to travel from time to time, typically within Australia (depending on COVID-19 restrictions and safety considerations).
If you are looking for a highly technical mining consulting role in an awesome team environment, we would love to hear from you. Apply today!
Please note: at this time, we are only considering applications from Australian citizens or permanent residents.
Deswik are not working with any external recruitment partners to fill this role. If you are interested in this opportunity, we would love to hear from you directly. If an agency has advised you that they presented you to Deswik for consideration, please be aware that we have not accepted your application and you are not currently being considered for a role with Deswik. Please feel free to call us on (07) 3292 2711 for a confidential discussion if you are unsure whether your application is currently being considered.
348 Edward St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000