Consulting - QLD
Work for a technical company run by technical people = short conversations + managers who get it!
Deswik are world leaders in a competitive market for technical mining applications – our software is used all day, every day, in over 300 operations globally.
We solve complex technical problems in ways that deliver huge value to our customers. Our solutions are much more interesting than your average business system – they are algorithmically intensive and incorporate sophisticated scheduling, optimisation, and graphics technologies. We have the ambition to be the best at what we do; and we know that to do this we must try new things and continuously improve the way we work.
As a result of non-stop growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for a senior mining engineer with at least 8 years’ experience in open pit or underground, to join our team as a Senior Mining Consultant. As a Senior Mining Consultant with Deswik, you will provide extensive consulting services including mine design, production planning and scheduling, cost modelling for a range of feasibility studies, operational optimization projects, mine closure planning and mine planning system implementations.
What’s in it for you?
- Brisbane-based with a large global footprint – highly technical mining engineering work with the benefits of a city lifestyle
- Epic team culture – we are relaxed, social and supportive
- Work with technical experts in a collaborative, team-focused environment
- Deliver engineering efficiency to the mining industry through customized software, consulting and training solutions
- Access to the latest technologies
- Competitive remuneration package and attractive bonus scheme
What do you need to succeed?
- At least 8 years’ experience as a mining engineer in open pit or underground
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, majoring in Mining
- Operational experience across a variety of mining engineering site-based roles
- Excellent mine planning software skills, preferably including Deswik software
- A flair for consulting and managing customer relationships
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- A passion for innovation and a desire to grow and learn
- AusIMM CP and/or RPEQ will be an advantage
Given Deswik’s global reach, the successful candidate will be required to travel.
Please note that you must be a permanent resident or have the right to work in Australia.
71 Eagle St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000