Competitive Salary + Biannual bonuses!
At Deswik, our mission is simple: revolutionise our markets by thinking differently, delighting our customers and having fun while doing it. Our highly-sophisticated software is used all day, every day, by 9 of the world’s top 10 mining companies to solve their complex technical problems.
Brisbane is the hub of our global software development capability. We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join our team of smart, innovative developers. This opportunity will see you combine your programming and automated testing skills in a role that is critical to the reliability of our software.
Perhaps you are an Automation Test Analyst with a background in programming. Maybe you are a Software Engineer with some exposure to testing who recognises the huge growth in demand for testers and sees this as an opportunity to change direction while making use of your programming experience.
- Developing automated test cases that test through the GUI, through APIs and directly to the application object model
- Applying your knowledge of testing processes, practices and technologies across the entire test lifecycle
- Designing, documenting, implementing, executing, maintaining and reporting the results of test cases using programming languages and automated testing tools/technologies
- Designing and executing release processes for software applications
- Helping Deswik achieve our goal of rapid, reliable and frequent delivery of excellent software
- A relaxed and social environment
- Awesome, supportive culture – we are passionate, we question the status quo, we adapt quickly
- We believe work should be fun, challenging and rewarding
- Work with people who genuinely love their jobs and love coming to work
What’s in it for you?
- Work with highly technical subject matter in a disciplined software development environment
- Access to the latest tools and technologies
- Be challenged in an environment where you are constantly learning and developing your skills
- Brisbane CBD location with end of trip facilities, a fully stocked kitchen (think: snacks, seasonal produce, strong caffeine and soft-drinks), and a fully stocked bar in the office
What do you need to succeed?
- At least 3 years’ experience as an Automation Test Analyst OR at least 2 years’ as a Software Engineer
- Experience in a software development role
- Experience in a culture of fanatical customer service with a focus on doing “things that matter”
- Experience working on complex desktop and/or web applications
- Experience with testing tools such as Coded UI, Silk Test, QTP, Selenium or equivalent (an advantage)
- Excellent experience with Microsoft technologies including C#.NET and Visual Studio
If you are looking for a highly technical role that involves both programming and automated testing, apply now! We’d love to hear from you!
Please, only apply if:
- you are a permanent resident or have the right to work in Australia
- you have not applied to us before (previous applications will be considered)
71 Eagle St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000