Competitive Salary + Biannual Bonuses!
Deswik are world leaders in a competitive market for technical mining applications. We are global and growing – our software is used in 500+ operations across 50 countries. We solve complex technical problems in ways that deliver huge value to our customers. Our solutions are much more interesting than your average business system – they incorporate sophisticated scheduling, optimisation and graphics technologies and are algorithmically intensive.
As a result of ongoing expansion into international markets, we are looking for a Software Engineer with internationalisation and localisation experience to join our team.
In this role, you will work with business stakeholders and SMEs to design, document, implement, test and maintain the internationalisation and localisation features of our software products (both desktop and web applications).
- Enhance and maintain software to ensure that it is correctly internationalised
- Identify, evaluate, recommend and develop tools to assist in the internationalisation and localisation process
- Rectify any problems in the software that hamper correct and complete localisation
- Develop and refine coding standards and guidelines as they apply to internationalisation and localisation, and educate development teams on these.
- Work with testing staff to ensure the requirements for testing localisations are understood
What you need to succeed
- 4-6 years’ software development experience in a commercial environment
- Experience working on the internationalisation and localisation of a commercial software product
- Strong skills in technologies and techniques used to internationalise and localize desktop and web applications developed using the Microsoft toolset
- A solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Automated testing and quality assurance experience
What’s in it for you
- Work/life balance – we believe in flexibility and striking a healthy balance between work and fun
- Competitive remuneration + biannual bonuses + salary sacrificing options
- Access to the latest tools and technologies
- Work with highly technical subject matter
- We’re run by technical people who ‘get it’ when it comes to software product development – that means no red tape and lots of room for innovation
- Brisbane CBD location with end of trip facilities, fully stocked kitchen/bar and beer on tap
- We have a relaxed and social work environment
- We are passionate, support each other, challenge the status quo and adapt quickly
- We believe work should be fun, challenging and rewarding
- We hire smart people and we treat them like adults
If you are a talented Software Engineer with experience in internationalisation and localisation, we would love to hear from you. Apply today!
71 Eagle St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000