- Biannual bonuses
- Work/life balance and flexibility. 2 days WFH and 3 days in the Brisbane office (hybrid) once you pass probation
- Flexible work hours
- Expanding business in a stable industry
- Fun, inclusive, and collaborative culture that values innovation
- Soft drinks, beer, espresso coffee machine, and pool table provided. Pool skills optional.
- Bachelor of IT, Computer Science, Engineering (or a related discipline).
- Commercial software development experience
- Python (essential)
- C++ (great to have)
- TypeScript and React (also great)
- Familiarity with AWS
- Comfortable communicating with clients
- Develop and maintain commercial software that helps clients solve planning and scheduling-related optimisation problems.
- Write high-quality, performant, maintainable, testable code that you take pride in.
- Code reviews, source control, build processes and testing.
- Use Jira for the management of tickets.
- Use frameworks, toolkits, IDEs and third-party software including Docker, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Pandas, Plot.ly, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Microsoft 365, Git, Visual Studio, PyCharm, Gurobi, PostgreSQL, Boto and all manner of Amazon Web Services
Deswik is a global mining software and consulting company. The Polymathian brand applies Industrial Mathematics to complex problems faced by heavy industry to transform the way businesses run their operations. Together, Deswik and Polymathian are enabling their customers to make better business decisions, achieve better commercial outcomes, and revolutionise the way industry operates.
We have 400+ employees in 17 offices across 12 countries. Our Polymathian team of 50+ is based in our Brisbane Head Office.
Sound good? Apply today with your resume! Include your GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc accounts and work examples that support your application.
Please note we aren’t in a position to offer sponsorship for this role.
348 Edward St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000