Competitive Salary + Biannual Bonuses!
Deswik are world leaders in a competitive market for technical mining applications – our software is used all day, every day, by 9 of the world’s top 10 mining companies. We solve complex technical mine planning problems in ways that deliver huge value to our customers.
As a result of an internal promotion, an opportunity has arisen for a Software Team Lead to join our GeoTools team at our global head office in Brisbane.
Our Software Team Leads have hands-on involvement in developing our products. You will be involved in the GeoTools team as both a leader and an excellent software engineer.
- Lead and manage a growing team in the development of an emerging product suite
- Work closely with Product Managers, SMEs, managers and customers to ensure the developed software meets the needs of end users
- Champion best practice, ensuring Deswik’s software development processes and tools are applied efficiently and effectively
- Assist with recruitment activities – determine staff requirements and interview candidates
- Manage new team members’ induction and probationary period
- Work with Customer Support to address customer problems and provide ongoing maintenance as new products are sold into the market
The GeoTools team
- Growing team of experienced Senior Software Engineers
- Working on exciting range of operational geology tools
- New product development ranging from tablet to desktop applications
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunities for career progression
- You will have your hands on the tools – you don’t have to choose between being a leader and doing interesting technical work
- We believe in work/life balance and flexibility
- Be challenged in a role where you will be constantly learning and developing your skills
- We have a great team culture – you will be part of the family from day one
- We hire smart people and we treat them like adults – you will be trusted to do your job and have support when you need it
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years experience leading a team
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering
- Excellent coding skills to the level of a Senior Software Engineer
- Expert knowledge of contemporary software development methods, techniques and technologies
- Ability to motivate and inspire those around you
- Original thinking and creativity
- An upbeat, positive attitude
- Our work environment is relaxed, social and fun
- We are passionate, support each other, challenge the status quo and adapt quickly
- We believe work should be fun, challenging and rewarding
- We invest a lot in making Deswik a great place to work
- We look after our people – we know that a happy and healthy team leads to a more productive work environment
71 Eagle St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000