Preserving our authentic company culture and world-class work environment throughout our growth has been a key priority for our leaders. We are proud to be an employer of choice, offering our team a fun, relaxed and supportive workplace free from bureaucratic red tape. We are passionate about recruiting smart people, keeping them challenged and treating them like adults.
We are searching for a highly technical, hands-on Software Architect to join our growing software development team.
We are delivering on our promise of “integrated mine planning” through a system that supports data and process integration across our suite of mine planning applications. Building on our existing Mining Data Management product, Deswik.MDM, we are creating a portfolio of services that will allow us to support the most sophisticated mine planning workflows.
Reporting directly to the Head of Software Development, this role will see you:
- Take on responsibility for the architectural direction of this system and play a significant hands-on role in its development
- Work cooperatively with a variety of stakeholders, including software development teams, product managers, technical directors and support staff
- Mentor and coach our software development teams towards an excellent implementation of the architecture
- You are a highly skilled Software Engineer with solid hands-on experience developing large-scale commercial software systems using the .NET stack
- You have been responsible for a system designed around services and event-based architecture
- You have experience using messaging as the main integration mechanism
- You are probably currently in a role where you are responsible for developing production code, and where you are responsible for mentoring and coaching other developers in the implementation
What’s in it for you
- Work/life balance – we believe in flexibility and striking a healthy balance between work and fun
- Competitive remuneration + biannual bonuses + opportunities to obtain equity
- Supportive leaders dedicated to fostering positive a working environment for their teams
- Be challenged in a dynamic role that will see you constantly learning and developing your skills
- Work with highly technical subject matter
- Access to the latest tools and technologies
- We’re run by technical people who ‘get it’ when it comes to software product development – that means no red tape and lots of room for innovation
- State of the art Brisbane CBD office with end of trip facilities, fully stocked kitchen/bar and awesome social spaces
- Our work environment is relaxed, social and fun
- We are passionate, support each other, challenge the status quo and adapt quickly
- We believe work should be fun, challenging and rewarding
- We invest a lot in making Deswik a great place to work
- We look after our people – we know that a happy and healthy team leads to a more productive work environment
If you are a highly skilled Software Engineer with a passion for software architecture, looking for an exciting career progression opportunity that doesn’t force you into ‘people management’… look no further. We’d love to hear from you – apply today!
Please note: at this time, we are only considering applications from Australian citizens or permanent residents.
Deswik values relationships. We have recruitment partnerships in place with Troocoo, Edison Talent, Aurec and Hudson. If you are interested in one of our opportunities, we would love to hear from you directly or via one of these partners. If another agency has advised you they presented you to Deswik for consideration, please be aware we have not accepted your application and you are not currently being considered for a role with Deswik. Please feel free to call us on (07) 3292 2711 for a confidential discussion if you are unsure whether your application is currently being considered.
348 Edward St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000