- Protecting your privacy
The Deswik group of companies (collectively, We, Us, Our) is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy outlines how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information and your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
- Personal information
Personal Information means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
- Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect and hold a range of personal information necessary for conducting our business, providing our services and to allowing you to access our products. We may collect personal information to allow us to:
- provide our web based and other products and services;
- establish your identity and assess your application and confirm your suitability for a role at Deswik;
- enable you to download information from our website;
- provide and manage the recruitment processes outlined on this website to you;
- process your inquiries;
- maintain and update our infrastructure and systems;
- provide your contact details to any Affiliates who may from time to time agree to offer or provide you with the services described on our website.
If we do not collect the personal information we may not be able to provide you with the recruitment process and other services or assistance you have requested.
- What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of information from you:
- your name, current job title and contact information such as email address, telephone numbers, residential or business address;
- information provided in communications between you and us;
- information collected to establish your identity and assess your job application, including gender, date of birth, your right to work documentation / information, references, employment records, salary and benefits history, your areas of specialisation or interest, and other information included in a CV or covering letter as part of the application process.
Please note that the type of personal information we collect about you will depend to some extent on your circumstances, the role you are applying for and our legal obligations
We collect the following types of information from you when you use our website or access our materials otherwise available online:
- a. information you provide when logging onto our website;
- information about your usage (for example, by way of cookies) including when you use our website, the services used, other websites you access or connect with from our website, content uploaded and downloaded;
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address and your browser type and language; and
We may also collect information about you that is publicly available or made available by third parties, for example from public registers, third party websites or social media.
- How do we collect the personal information?
We typically collect your personal information directly from you through the application and recruitment process – for example, personal information is contained in application forms, CVs, from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment. This information may be collected from you when you deal with us in person, via telephone, email or other electronic communication channels. When you use our website or software applications our server automatically records information your browser sends when it connects to a website and some of the information we collect using Cookies.
We sometimes collect additional information from third parties including recruitment agencies or other background check agencies.
We also collect personal information about you from third parties such as public registers or service providers with which you have dealings.
(Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.)
- How do we hold and secure your personal information?
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, to prevent unauthorised access or modification and to destroy or de-identify it when it is no longer required. We hold personal information in electronic form and hardcopy files.
We store electronic records on our own system and through third party data storage providers. Personal information on our system is password protected and our system has firewalls and antivirus software. We store hardcopy materials in files, cupboards and offices within our premises to which access is controlled and protected by alarms.
Our third-party storage providers are required to protect personal information against unauthorised access or misuse with appropriate technological measures and organisational procedures. We may send information overseas to third party storage providers (including to the United States) but ensure appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place.
The open nature of the internet is such that information exchanged via the internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you send us any information, including your personal details, email address and other information, it is sent and received by us at your own risk. You should always ensure you log out and close your browser when you have finished accessing our system online.
We do not keep your personal information for any particular period of time, unless we require it for our internal business purposes (for example to maintain your user licence) or are required to keep the personal information by law, or for insurance or governance purposes.
- Who will see or have access to your personal information?
Unless we are required to provide your personal information to others by law, by court order or to investigate suspected fraud or other unlawful activity, your information will only be seen or used by persons working with or for us or our Affiliates who offer the recruitment services or are involved in the recruitment processes described on our website.
Persons accessing your personal information may include our own and our contract personnel (e.g. recruiters), our subsidiaries, advertisers and our Affiliates (who offer the recruitment services and processes described on our website). Some of these people may be located in countries outside Australia.
We endeavour to keep our information systems and files secured from unauthorised access and our staff and contracted agents and service providers have been informed of the importance we place on protecting your privacy and their role in helping us to do so.
‘Affiliates‘ means our officers, employees and other personnel, agents, contractors, partners, principals, licensors, service providers and members.
- What if you want to access the personal information we hold about you?
Subject to any legal restrictions we would be happy to inform you what personal information we hold about you if you request this. Please contact our Privacy Officer at the details below if you would like to request access to this information.
If you believe there are errors in our records about you, please contact our Privacy Officer and we will be happy to investigate and correct any inaccuracies.
Please also note that you have the right to request we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- What if you have a complaint?
If you believe we have failed to comply with this policy, you may contact our Privacy Officer at the details below.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint and endeavour to investigate and respond to your complaint within 30 days.
You may have other rights available to you at law.
- How can you contact our Privacy Officer?
If you would like more information about how we manage your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer by:
Telephone: +617 3292 2700
Post: Level 22, Riparian Plaza, 71 Eagle St, Brisbane, QLD, 4000, AUSTRALIA
- Where can you obtain further information?